I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #WalgreensBeauty #CollectiveBias
Before I went to Alt in January, I spent some time with my fabulous friend Joni talking make-up. Coming from a household of girls who don’t wear much make-up, I often feel like an expert, but after five minutes with Joni, I realized I have a lot to learn. She’s a wizard with a color palette and a brush so I picked her brain on everything from the basics to her very favorite products. I’m planning on having her for a few more makeup tutorials as she continues to teach me a thing or two.
^^All these products we used for this post can be picked up at Walgreens. While its fun to splurge on good products, I loved having Joni pick out the great things at a budget price point. Some of these are brand new for me and others (like the Neutrogena bronzer palette) have been staples in my make up bag since high school. All of them will be a regular part of my make up routine throughout spring.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiance Bronzer (here)
- Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer (here)
- Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush (here)
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm and Stain (other color)
- Neutrogena Eye Liner (in store)
- L’oreal Paris Eye Shadow Palette (in store)
- Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Polish & Top Coat
There are four shades in the L’oreal palette we used for this look. We used all of them for a very neutral eye.
1. Use a brush to apply the lightest shade of the eye shadow palette over your full lid, up to your brow line.
2. Use the second lightest color, the light rose/bronze color to cover just your lid.
3. Use the light brown color on the corner of the eye lid and blend into your crease.
4. Use a small amount of the darkest brown color in your crease and blended down into the corners of the eye lid.
stick with a neutral eye like we did above. If you
want to do a little more dramatic eye, go for a
more neutral lip. Only play up one of the two .
bronzer right below your cheek bone and blend
it well. I’m begging Joni to do a full tutorial on
contouring on her own blog because while I have
so much to learn, the little she taught me has made
a huge difference.
8. I loved how perfectly this Sally Hansen Salon Manicure color matched the Revlon lip stain that I added a little spring manicure to the look too. With rock climbing, I hardly ever have my nails painted, but its a fun way to channel spring through this frigid ice storm we’ve been having in Cincy!
apply 2-4 coats of top coat to make sure
my manicure lasts more than 20 minutes.