We celebrated the resurrection and the Living Christ with family church, yummy food, walks, and lots of candy. We’re all quarantined up in New Hampshire together and I am so grateful for this group of people, for a God who put them in my life, and for that same God who teaches me so much through them. We have been singing these words a lot lately and they ring especially true in my life right now:
“God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be.”
The things I want to remember about Easter this year:
- Gathering for church in Grandpa’s living room, all the sisters home, and my brother and his new bride facetiming in for the service
- How beautiful Ben + my sister’s boyfriend sounded singing “I Stand All Amazed” together while Maddie accompanied them on the piano. And how excited Lincoln was to listen to Dad sing.
- Tears – there were tears for my struggles, for my blessings, for my faith, for my family. Sometimes I want to hide those tears, but I am learning that feeling the thing is better, even if it means tears, especially if it means tears.
- Lincoln’s giggles as the chased the tennis ball on a little family walk before Easter dinner
- Those scalloped potatoes
- How Adelaide kept stepping on her dress as she climbed rocks on one of our walks. I love her adventurous spirit, right there next to her appreciation of beautiful things.
- The consensus that my first attempt at carrot cake was yummy…but that next year we won’t deviate from chocolate
- That tender moment of communion I stole up in the bedroom, while everyone else was busy, to unload, to listen, and to feel the One I am learning to trust.
- Westley’s excitement at eating rolls
- Grandma riding with Adelaide on the same Razor scooters I rode as a kid (see picture)
- Great-grandpa lifting Lincoln up to claim the egg hidden above his head. Lincoln is 40 pounds and great-grandpa is 93!
- How willing everyone was to indulge me in Easter family photos before dessert – not a complaining word from anyone
Lincoln’s striped Easter polo: Hanna Andersson (on sale, super soft)
Adelaide’s sweater: Hanna Andersson (dress handmade by Grandma this week)
Westley’s romper: Primary
and a lot of pictures: