“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Post Pebbles, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PostWalgreens http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C white flour
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C rolled oats
- 1 C Honey Bunches of Oats
- 1/4 C chopped honey bunches of oats for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in bowl.
- Add in vanilla, honey, milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir in oats and cereal.
- Spoon into muffin pan (2/3 full) and sprinkle chopped/crushed pieces of cereal on top.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
^^For this chicken, substitute crushed Honey Bunches of Oats for breadcrumbs when you bread it and bake as you usually would. For these I dipped the uncooked chicken in egg, and then in crushed cereal pieces. Afterwards I cooked in a little olive oil on the stove top (but often I just toss it in the oven on 350 until cooked all the way through). The cereal gives it a crunchy and sweet outside so I like to pair it with a honey mustard or a spicy dipping sauce.
Because we eat so much cereal I end up waiting for the sales and buying a lot at one time. One of our favorites to stalk up on is when Walgreens mark select post cereals down to $1.99 (over 50% off what they’re usually listed for there). Last time I bought ten boxes. From now until April 5th you can get boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats (and a few others) for less than $2 while supplies last. You can bet when the movers show up in a few weeks, they’ll be moving part of the cereal stash I’m picking up later today 🙂