“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that gives value to survival” – C.S. Lewis
So I have these fabulous roommates – I know, lots of people say that, but seriously – mine win. I have yet to understand why people say don’t live with your best friends, because honestly, its wonderful (except for the “its hard to ever be productive because we’re too much fun” part). They threw me the greatest birthday party two weeks ago; They put up with my endless stream of pointless stories; They tolerate my weirdness. They I really would be lost here in Utah without them. They save my life most of the time and give meaning to it the rest of it 🙂
Brooke happens to be one of those wonderful roommates (and I also happen to be her favorite).
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways –
**please note: this is not at all an exhaustive list
1. She’s hilarious – seriously I’m going to live 10 years longer due to living with her because I laugh so much
2. She walks to my 8 am class with me (none of my other roommates dare take classes that early).
3. We eat lots of cookie dough together.
4. She shares many of my (semi creepy) obsessions.
5. She has the greatest wardrobe ever (which is rather convenient because its down the hall).
6. She’s from the east coast (its a big deal here in utah)
7. She loves Hill Cumorah Pageant more than I do.
8. She’s a hott dancer – let me tell you 🙂
9. She is very entertaining on Nyquil. (“WHO’S LAUGHING NOW?!”)
10. She lets me hug her (also something my other roommates are not willing to engage in).
11. She scratches my back during church.
12. She’s beautiful (not why I love her, but a fact I thought needed to be mentioned).
13. She is a very passionate person, whether its about her family, pageant, school, dance, friends…
14. She is incredibly loyal.
15. She’s always there if I need to talk.
16. She makes very yummy dinners.
17. She is very versatile on the dance floor 😉
18. She’s almost as pathetic as I am (as it pertains to certain, unmentionable things)
19. Sometimes she listens to my advice.
20. She made me take ballroom classes.
21. “Munch n’ Mingle, zion’s camp, devo, cast team, ” – she understands all that.
22. She can always make me feel better.
23. She loves me 🙂