We’ve officially been living in our new place in Boston for two months and Ben has survived his first full month of classes!
A few things about life right now:
- In our six years of marriage, I’m not sure I’ve ever talked to my husband less than I have in the last month. I talked about it a little on instagram here but two weeks ago I kept track and there was a full hour and a half over the course of 5 days that he was home and not studying. Balance is something we’re still working on.
- I survived downtown Boston driving for the first time! I’ve never loved driving and navigating a car though a busy downtown makes me pretty nervous so it was a big deal to cross this off the list this week when we met Ben’s parents for a morning of the Freedom Trail & Mike’s Pastries.
- New England fall is just as wonderful as I remember it being. I know I might be singing a different tune in four months, but this is my absolute favorite place to live.
- We found a nanny we love! She’s just here six hours a week for me to work and available for date nights + events but finding a babysitter we trust and my kids love has felt SO freeing. We haven’t even used her in an evening yet but just the option of being able to makes me feel less cooped up.
- Somehow 750 square feet is harder for me to keep clean than 1500 square feet.
- Lincoln and Adelaide are still mostly loving sharing a room. Part of it is the narrowing age gap (they’re still 17 months apart but 17 months is getting relatively smaller and smaller as they get older), but I’m convinced a big part of their newfound friendship is sharing a room. They are so much more likely to play together and entertain themselves and it makes me so happy.
Speaking of the kids and their room, I have the sneak peeks back from Modsy for their shared nursery!
Have you heard of Modsy before? We’re working with them on an upcoming sponsored post for the nursery decor ideas reveal and they are such a neat company! They use virtual renders to help design your space and help you imagine what a piece of furniture (or a combination of furniture + decor items) will look like in your room. So these sneak peeks aren’t actually photos of our space, they are Modsy’s renders!
For the nursery/playroom, I wanted the space to be light and fun, but I also wanted it to fit in with the rest of the apartment because its right off the kitchen and the living room. I sent off a few key pieces I already had that I wanted included in the room to the Modsy team, sent links to my pinterest inspiration board so they could get a feel for my style, and gave them a budget to work with.
I also sent over a table I was thinking about getting for the room and they were able to show me exactly how it would look in the space!
Here’s what I sent Modsy – just a few low quality photos I snapped of the messy room with my iphone:
And here’s what Modsy sent back!
So far we’ve placed orders for everything but that cute table which is on back order. I wondered what the black or green version of the table would look like in the space so my designer, Elisa, put it into the room for me so I could see how it looked. I put the green vs. the white to a vote on instagram last night and it looks like you’re all encouraging me to be patient and wait the month for the white table restock:
Which nursery decor ideas do you like? How about the table? Green (which I could order right now!)? Or white (which will take another month to be restocked)?
AND! My sweet friends at Modsy have a discount for you if you’re needing a little help finishing (or totally redoing) a space in your home! You can get 20% off a design package with Elisabeth20, which makes their basic room design package just over $50!