Lincoln has been thriving with six mothers here in New Hampshire. Not only are my mom and sisters loving this little guy, but both my grandmothers are in town. I’ve decided communal living is the way to go. Its hard for me to imagine something worse that polygamy…but if we didn’t have the same husband, it would be pretty fantastic to have a bunch of women you loved around to help you raise your children. I’ve already started the designs for our family compound (if you want in, let me know 😉
A tiny Lincoln update: I think we’re back to sleeping 12-14 hours a night (with one feed at 5 am) so it means I’m up for late night games with Dad and plenty of helping my sisters procrastinate homework. The baby is finally over his cold (hence the sleeping again), wearing nine month clothes, and learning how to giggle! I’ll try and get a video of it, but really, baby giggles is what happiness is made of these days.
Here are a few shots of the gorgeous magnolia tree in our front yard + a rather unenthused baby:
(and be sure to scroll to the bottom for an amazing giveaway!)
I’ve teamed up with five really great moms to give away a few fantastic baby products to you guys just in time for mothers day! The winner will be announced this weekend and so many of these items are things I’ve already talked about loving on here. The HALO SleepSack Swaddle was our saving grace those first few weeks (and I let a friend borrow it and her son went from sleeping three hours to eight). I have this same glider en route for Linc’s nursery (which is still a huge work in progress) and while I have yet to get the Fast Food Bra, the brand is my favorite for nursing friendly (well, pumping friendly) tops.
Here are all the items included and be sure to enter via the rafflecopter widget below:
- NUNUNU World Plus Blanket: Made from 100% cotton, the NUNUNU plus blanket keeps little warm and hip!
- Fast Food Bra: The Fast Food Bra from Boob is supportive, seamless and the perfect fit for both pregnancy and nursing stages. Made from soft, comfortable and fast-drying fabric the Fast Food Bra easily unclips with one hand.
- HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper and HALO SleepSack Swaddle: HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,300 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
- Nuna Leaf: Inspired by the carefree float of a leaf on a breeze, the LEAF baby seat treats baby to a similarly mesmerizing ride. Our distinctive design–the only of its kind–was invented from baby’s point of view and works at playtime, lunchtime and mama’s choretime.Whether it’s a motor-free ride to newborn dreamland, a wiggle party once they’re walking, or a crash pad after a hard day on the preschool playground, LEAF is both revolutionary and evolutionary—and endurance-tested up to a whopping 130 lbs. That should keep them rocking out for years!
- ChewBeads Jane Necklace and Mercer Rattle: Chewbeads combine style and function. Started by a fashion industry insider, Chewbeads are BPA free and non-toxic. Babies love their soothing texture, and they look just as stylish as they taste!
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Baby Essentials Bundle: Mama’s Baby Essentials Bundle has everything you need to safely soothe, top to bottom, cheeks to cheeks!
- Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow® Newborn Feeding Set, Dr. Brown’s PreVent® Contoured Glow in the Dark Pacifiers, and Dr. Brown’s Silicone Pacifiers: Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow® Baby Bottles are favored by moms and dads because they reduce feeding problems like colic, spit-up, burping, and gas. The Internal Vent System eliminates air and vacuum to allow baby to feed comfortably. It also reduces air bubble oxidation of the milk to help preserve vitamins and lipids, key nutrients to baby’s health. The fully-vented bottle design provides vacuum-free feeding, like breastfeeding, which can also help reduce build-up of fluid in baby’s ear.
- BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib Light: Sleeping away from home with small children has never been easier! The BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib Light is easy to set up, pack up and carry (weighs only 13 lbs) – perfect for all kinds of small and great adventures. You can check the Travel Crib Light in the overhead compartment on a plane or easily fit it in the trunk of your car.
- Beautysleep Nursing Positioner: The Nursing Positioner’s unique contoured design provides optimum position during nursing. Soft Memory foam cradles baby and helps to reduce pressure points. This is key for nursing comfort!
- Delta Children Benbridge Glider: A plush armchair with a supportive back above a gentle swivel and glide mechanism creates a glider you and your baby will love to relax in. Crafted with a sturdy wood frame for lasting strength, the Benbridge Glider from Delta Children is upholstered in easy-to-clean, super-soft microfiber, and will work well in any other room in the house after your little one has outgrown the nursery.
- KidzCanDesign Footprint Kit: Have your baby’s footprint made into sterling silver jewelry, and make the memory last a lifetime!
- Little Me Duckie Footie & Bib: Enjoy sleep or play time when he or she wears this Duck Footie. This allover printed outfit comes with a matching Velcro closure bib with adorable appliquéd ducks. Neutral Duck Footie with matching bib is a fantastic choice for any little boy or girl.