- Take weekly family portraits. The fun family photos of young Audrey Hepburn in People have me wanting a few more candid and real life shots with little Linc. We do take a lot of pictures around here, but they’re often all dressed up after church on Sunday and don’t capture the ins and outs of life right now.
- Try a few new ice cream flavors. Our ice cream maker is one of those really fun wedding gifts that sits unused for a lot of the year and there were some delicious looking fruit sorbets in InStyle that have me excited to break it out.
- Go for a hike. It’ll just get harder for the next little bit to go on adventures with little Lincoln but right now, while he’s still small enough to be carried for long periods of time (by Ben, he’s too big for me to handle for more than an hour), I’d love to get outside.
on my own
- Read five books (or listen them – I’ve been on a huge audiobook kick recently). Have you read anything good recently? I just finished a hilarious book on motherhood by Amy Wilson and the audiobook of Yes, Please by Amy Poehler.
- Get a haircut. Or maybe a whole new ‘do.’ The post partum hair loss hit with vengeance in the past few weeks so we’ll see what I’m left to work with before I make any decisions.
- Learn to dutch braid. I taught myself to french braid on my own hair, so somehow that translated to being able to dutch braid on others but not myself (I can’t regular french braid on someone else to save my life either). This little side thing in these pictures is a recent attempt but I’m hoping to add a few new braids to my hair arsenal this summer because wearing it down just doesn’t cut it with a baby who loves to grab everything…and I’m not ready to chop it all off, yet.
^and because when the air mattress is blown up on the deck, you go ahead and spend the rest of the night watching Parenthood snuggled up with your favorite parent 😉 Along with ‘me-time,’ the other best thing for me is a baby that goes to bed at 6:30.
P.S. You can save 20% off participating titles (PEOPLE®, InStyle®, PEOPLE® StyleWatch, Us Weekly®) by using the Target Cartwheel Digital Offer. Have you used this app yet? I like to check it before picking things up at Target to see what dea Available until 7/10/15 (while supplies last).