“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Cottonelle but all my opinions are my own. Thanks Cottonelle and Pollinate Media for sponsoring this first part of our little apartment tour! #pmedia #CtnlCareRoutine http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO”
^ Some pretty books and this hand carved tissue holder we got for our wedding
^^This painting my mother bought me in this small artists square, just seconds from the Sacre Coeur in Paris. I love memories from that trip and the colors it brings into the room 🙂
^This green vase was the first piece I found for the bathroom and inspired the whole color palette. Usually its filled with some fake white flowers but when we have guests (or when Ben buys me a huge bouquet of flowers because he missed me) its nice to fill it with fresh blooms.
^I like to keep a candle in the bathroom to light before guests come over. These is nothing worse than a bad smelling bathroom.
Steps to Get Your Bathroom Ready for Guests in 10 minutes
- Wash the shower curtain lining. This is super easy but makes a big difference in the appearance of the shower (if they’re staying overnight – if not, skip this step). Just throw the lining in the washing machine and wash on the shortest cycle. Dry in dryer just until the wrinkles are removed and then hang dry.
- Have toothpaste and face cloths. When traveling to see friends I often don’t pack toothpaste and usually forget until we’ve said goodnight for the evening and I’m left with the decision of knocking on their bedroom door or skipping the brush. Don’t make them be that friend. Face cloths are nice to have just so they don’t use the cute ones you have hanging up to wash make up off their face.
- If your shower or faucets are hard to figure out, make sure to spend a minute on them when showing your guests around.
- Wipe down your fixtures. If you don’t have time to deep clean the bathroom, at LEAST wipe down the fixtures and the toilet with clorox wipes.
- Stock up on Cottonelle toilet paper and moist cloths. Replacing the toilet paper with a new role instantly makes the bathroom feel cleaner (bonus points if you know how to fold the end of the roll). Be sure to have a few extra rolls under the sink or somewhere visible and if you like your guests, consider putting some Cottonelle moist toilettes out as well. Usually these are a luxury reserved for our master bath 😉
Thanks Cottonelle for sponsoring this post! When you purchase BOTH Cottonelle moist cloths and toilette paper in Walmart in the month of February you can get a $5 Vudu offer (Vudu is like RedBox and offers HD movies) Take a picture of the receipt showing that you purchased both items and text or email your picture to [email protected] to get your offer.