Written en route to NYC last month for a Model United Nations competition. I just found it, handwritten, while unpacking and just felt like it needed to be on here.
Top of the World
- opportunities: to be on route to NYC, to be attending a fantastic university, to be involved in model UN, to be traveling with some great friends….this is the good life
- technology: sitting 30,000ft up I realize how I take constant connectedness for granted. I’m grateful for internet..and this week I’m particularly happy I have a phone that lets me talk to Ben whenever I want. Sit and think about it for a second, how amazing is that?
- wealth: Yes, we technically live below the poverty line but we rent an apartment with running water, electricity, and heat (unlike the billions of people we’ll be discussing at MUN this week).
- music: it makes things like flying far more enjoyable (make an airplane playlist sometime – I should share mine, its awesome).
- my body: I may not always like it, but I sure do love it. It gets me to class, up the wall at the climbing gym, and it can grow babies for crying out loud!
- family: this time last year I was flying to NYC to meet them for a few days before MUN and I am so grateful for their love, friendship, and support.