- I will be happy when Ben is back on a normal work schedule. As part of familiarizing him with the new plant he’s been working three twelve hour shifts a week. Last week it was three night shifts. At least this week its day shifts. Thank goodness he goes back to normal hours next week (although it wasn’t so bad last week when I needed to take naps during the day and I had a husband home all day who wanted to do nothing else but cuddle and sleep :).
- Raspberry Lemonade (the Simply brand) has been my saving grace. Its a little steep, as far as beverages go, but its worth its weight in gold right now. It must be the real lemon in it.
- Also cheez-its (although they don’t taste so good with the lemonade). Much easier for me to eat and keep down than saltines for some reason. Yeah, I don’t get it either.
- When you’re pregnant it feels like everyone and their mother is also pregnant..or having babies, one of the two.
- Facetime is my new favorite invention. Seeing my sisters’ faces when they keep me company is more fun than just their voices.
- We spent four hours at Verizon getting new iphones yesterday (we all became very good and frustrated friends). We concluded we will never have any of our children go by their middle name (one of the many complications. On the plus side, Ben finally updated his iphone 3G.
- The weather today is cool and perfect. I wore cropped pants and a striped 3/4 sleeved boatneck top to a study date at Panera this afternoon (you can take yourself on a date, right?). I sat outside and soaked in every bit of fresh air with my textbook and Thai chicken salad.
- Right now all the windows in our apartment are open and I have candles burning. It makes me excited for fall.
I have a few pictures from our fun weekend in Cincinnati I’ll share tomorrow but tonight I just wanted to ramble a bit. I was going through some old blog posts (like this one from the pre-marriage days) a few days ago and loved reading the little tidbits I’d shared — when I wrote and no one was reading. I have a goal to be a little more candid and personal in this space…maybe a few more words and not needing fabulous pictures for every post? We’ll see how that works out 🙂
**photo from my date with myself at Panera this afternoon/evening