A few things:
- The second trimester has really hit! I haven’t thrown up in a week, my skin is improving, and I can almost get through an entire day without a nap. I can also go a full four hours without eating a meal (still snacking) and not die of nausea. Progress people, big progress.
- We had crepes for second dinner twice this weekend. On that note, we have first and second dinners around here now. The first one is usually around 4:30 or 5 and the second around 7:30 or 8. We’re turning into hobbits.
- We’ll have been married for three full years this week. I’ve been getting sappy just thinking about it.
- This youtube video has been on in the background all week (and once I get around to updating my credit card information on itunes I’ll actually buy the song). PS. You’ll just want sour gummy worms afterwards.
- I made this soup for dinner (and proceeded to eat it for the next three meals. Who says summer can’t be soup season too?
- I’m in the market for maternity clothes — any recommendations?
- Remember how all I wanted to eat my first trimester was veggies and protein? Well, now its carbs. Potatoes (baby and I discovered baked potatoes with sour cream last week…why have I never liked sour cream before?), pasta, bread, crepes, you name it. We mostly stick with whole wheat bread/rolls/crepes and whole grain pasta so that counts for something. Maybe thats why the baby bump finally showed up?
- These dresses have been on repeat. They’re more comfortable than wearing pajamas and they work for everything from errands to church. They also mean nothing tight around my waist (I’m anti pants at the moment).
**Rereading that, the majority of the points were about food. I feel like thats an accurate reflection of my thoughts these days. The second trimester has brought a bit of relief, but I’m always trying to figure out what I want to eat, what I need to buy to eat, or what I should be eating. Not only do I always want food now, but the whole ‘my food choices are having a direct impact on another human being’ is a tad overwhelming.