The two things that come everywhere with me are my iPhone and my Vera Bradley wristlet (usually the former is inside the latter). I broke up with my iPhone for a few months last year to review another service plan (loved the service, couldn’t get used to the phones), but after getting my phone fixed back in January thanks to these guys, I think we’re back together for the long haul. Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite apps (other than google maps and instagram) that maybe you haven’t heard of:
- The filters: It has many more filters than instragram but my favorite part is you can change the intensity of the filter (great way to enhance your pictures without making them look too edited).
- The light leaks: These let you add effects (which you can also change the intensity of) which mimic light leaks you would get from using an old school camera. They do wonders to amp up what might be an otherwise dull picture.
- The borders/cropping: Every wonder how to take a none square picture and add the white borders for instagram (like this)? This App does that and has a million other shapes you can use to crop your images. You can also do fun things with the borders like this and this.
- Using my phone as a remote: I can use my phone to change the focus on the camera and take a picture (this is an example of a selfie I took with it).
- Upload to phone or iPad: What I really love about this is I can share high quality DSLR pictures in real time. For example, this shot was taken, edited, and uploaded on our car trip using my DSLR, the WMU app, and then Afterlight.
- Here’s a more in-depth explanation and info on the Canon version