- New APL running shoes: After wearing my pink APLs 3-5 times a week for the last two years (around town, traveling abroad, for workout classes, and on the treadmill), it was time to get a new pair. I love the shoe so much I stuck with the same style in this pretty grey color. I’ve tried two different styles from them and the Techloom Phantom are my favorite because they’re super comfortable with no break-in necessary (Ben loves them, too – he has a couple pair for working out + leisure). Why do new workout gear get me to the gym more often? The shoes are part of the Shopbop sale going on right now, if you’re interested. You save 15% off of orders of $200, 20% on orders over $500, and 25% on orders over $800 (use code SPRING, some brands and sale items are excluded). I love Shopbop for designer denim and their curated collections of dresses + tops (I ordered this gorgeous neutral top for spring + summer). The sale runs through 3/8
- Pulling out my big camera more often: I have gotten out of the habit of bringing my DSLR with me, probably because Westley requires enough supplies to fill the diaper bag. I have been bringing it out more often these days and I love capturing beautiful family moments or just creating imagery. I’m thinking about doing a two week challenge of photographing something everyday? We’ll see.
- Cleaning the house each night before I go to bed: This is a habit our dear friends back in our college days introduced me to in our first few years of marriage and I haven’t been so good about it. But, the last two weeks I’ve been trying to spend 30 minutes straightening up while listening to an audiobook once the kids are in bed and I LOVE waking up to a clean house even more than I dislike cleaning 🙂
- These tees from amazon: I live in simple tees and high waisted jeans during the week and these are SO soft and comfortable. I like the boxy fit – such a great everyday staple. They run tts for a boxy fit (don’t order if you’re looking for a tight fit) – I had them post partum in a medium and now wear them in an xs.
- Cosmic kids yoga: We’ve been doing Cosmic Kids Yoga youtube videos ever since my friend Kelsey introduced me to them last year because they’re such a great way to turn screen time into movement time. The instructor tells a story while incorporating movement/yoga poses to go along with it and the kids are invited to join in on the adventure. We just tried the 2 week free trial of their new app and have been doing yoga before pre-school each morning. It gives me a few minutes to get myself ready/ breakfast cleaned up and is a good motivation for the kids to get all ready for school so they can start their “yoga adventure!” The app has everything organized by age (and has the new Sleeping Beauty video which is really why we signed up for it :). Have you tried
bonus: Books by Terryl Givens (I’ve been listening to “The God Who Weeps” and “The Christ Who Heals” and both have been SO interesting, restorative, insightful, and instructive) and long conversations with friends (I’ve been doing a lot less reading this month and a lot more catching up with friends and it is good for the soul).