A happy list + things on repeat:
- Biking the Cape Cod Rail Trail: Last Friday some friends and I took the day off of motherhood and spent a few hours biking through foliage along the Cape Cod Rail Trail. We rented bikes for $18 (included 4 hours of biking, parking, and helmet) and it was so nice to just be outside. I wish I’d had one of these (next year). If you’re local, this is such a fun day trip from Boston!
- This vegetarian curry recipe: You know recipes you make over and over again? This one is a new favorite. It is super easy, comes together in under half an hour, and makes excellent leftovers. We had it for dinner last Wednesday and it’s on the menu again for tonight.
- Reading C.S. Lewis with Lincoln: We’re making our way through the Chronicles of Narnia series before bed and it is so fun for me. The writing is a bit above his comprehension level but he asks questions and I clarify things as needed. We look for clues on how Aslan is like Jesus as we read and it has lead to a lot of great discussions with my five year old. We’re currently on “Prince Caspian” and I have to exercise some self control not to read ahead once Lincoln is in bed.
- This little crossbody: I love the shape of this structured crossbody and the crocodile texture is so fun. I got it in a burgundy which counts as a neutral and it’s the perfect size for my phone and my keys, which are basically all I carry these days. It turns out you don’t need much just to drive to and from school with an occasional trip to the grocery store). It was a great $40 pick me up.
- Taking more pictures: I haven’t picked up my big camera as frequently these days but between family fall photo sessions and taking pictures of my own kids, I’m getting in more time behind the lens. It is so fun for me to create beautiful images and one of my favorite ways to spend an evening is curled up with hot chocolate, a good audiobook, and a stack of new pictures to edit. Note to self: Do more of what makes you happy.
Bonus: Adelaide has a set of tights specifically for ballet with the foot holes at the bottom (like these ones, if you don’t know what I mean). She loves them so much she wears them all the time but can’t seem to grasp the idea of the holes going on the bottom. If you look closely in these pictures you can see the holes in the tights at the top of her feet. I love her.
**Pictures from our first Sunday back at church in person since March. I forgot how wiggly kids are and how much I enjoy getting everyone dressed up.
A few outfits links:
Lincoln’s blazer: Crew Cuts (I love the gold hardware on this one)
Lincoln’s dress shirt: Brooks Brothers
Lincoln’s tie: Crew Cuts (sold out but we have this one on sale, too)
Lincoln’s shoes: Sperry (on sale)
Adelaide’s shoes: Pediped (our favorite girl’s shoes for years – we’ve had this same shoe in at least 4 sizes. cute enough for church and comfortable enough for the playground)
Adelaide’s dress: purchased on this trip to Paris but similar blue gingham here for only $16!
My dress: J.Crew Factory (recent but almost sold out)
My heels: Kate Spade (sold out but the pointed toe version is on super sale for $65 here)