This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Are things starting to go back to normal where you are? We’re still staying home and laughing at the things we’re looking forward to in future weeks and months.
- interacting with people I’m not related to: moving up to my parents for the last three months has been SO GOOD but I am excited to talk to adults that I’m not directly related to soon (friends? what are those?). Have I ever gone this long without talking to an adult I’m not related to? Definitely not.
- taking my kids grocery shopping: I never thought I’d be excited to bring my kids to the grocery store but it is quite limiting to only go grocery shopping when they’re in bed or a family member can watch them.
- going out without a mask: no explanation needed
- having hard conversations in person: it has been a season of hard conversations that have mostly been over the phone, talking to friends and extended family about all that is happening in the world, what I’m learning, and what we can do to change. The conversations are exhausting and I wish we could be doing them face to face, that we could hug at the end, that we could nod in solidarity.
- cleaning my house: Mostly I’m just excited to live in my house again, in my own space….so much so that I catch myself looking forward to cleaning + organizing.
In the meantime though, we’ve been soaking up all we can of this time altogether. Every night is game night and we’ve made our way through a lot of Disney+ for regular family movie nights. Whether we’re out on the porch or just around the dining room table, this is my new favorite snack:
Favorite snack of the moment
We’ve been on the hunt for something to satisfy our snacking needs while playing games every night and these Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit are SO GOOD.
You can grab them at Walmart (summer entertaining might look a little different this year but Walmart still has everything you need).
My very favorite are the Dark Chocolate Flavored Almonds & Toasted Coconut. To clarify, these AREN’T chocolate covered almonds; they’re dark chocolate cocoa dusted almonds. They’re chocolatey without being too sweet and the toasted coconut is the best addition.
There are a couple other really neat flavor combinations like Sea Salt and Whole Blueberry along with Fiery Ghost Pepper and Tart Cherry. Have a friend with a sophisticated palate? This is the perfect thing to serve at your next (socially distanced) game night. Plus, you can feel good about the California almonds and pieces of real fruit with nutrients and flavor in each bite.
Right now when you buy at Walmart, you can enter for a chance to Upgrade Your Summer by entering to win a backyard makeover that includes the Ultimate Outdoor Movie Theater. Sweepstakes runs from May 26th – July 22nd!
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Must be at least 21+ and a legal resident of the 50 U.S./DC. The Sweepstakes will consist of one (1) random drawing period to award (131) prizes. Sweepstakes begins on 5/26/20 at 12:00:01 a.m. (midnight) ET and ends on 7/22/20 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. To enter and for Official Rules and other important terms and conditions, visit upgrade-your-summer.com. Sponsor: Fuel Partnerships, Inc., 6111 Broken Sound Parkway NW, Suite #265, Boca Raton, FL 33487.