This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone, per usual 🙂 #SmoothSummer #collectivebias
We just got back from an evening swim at the pool (I swear no one in our apartment complex other than this old lady and her even older mother ever use the pool–and all they do is sit in the shade) and we got to talking about some of my favorite things. Now, these having nothing to do with why I love Benjamin … but goodness, how I love them on Benjamin 🙂
1. A suit: There are plenty of men’s styles I appreciate, but I’m convinced there is nothing more attractive than a man in a well fitting suit (other than, maybe, a well fitted long sleeved white tee — the first item of clothing I ever bought for Ben).
2. A good long shower: Ben might be attractive when he comes home shirtless after a long run, but I will take the clean, dry, version over the sweaty smelly one any day (especially now that I’m pregnant – people warned about an increased sense of smell, and goodness, they were right). It helps if the shower involved a good smelling body wash, but if it was an odorless one, see number three.
3. A hint of cologne: There are few things worse than a man drenched in an overpowering cologne (you know, when they walk a few feet away from you in public and you can still smell them?), but a soft hint of a good smell is fantastic.
4. Chapstick: No explanation needed.
5. A good shave: Just as essential as chapstick on my list, is a clean shaven man. I do not buy into the “stubble/facial hair is attractive” business. Not only does it make a man look more professional when he’s clean shaven, but he is infinitely more enjoyable to kiss (the latter being the most important reason, obviously).
**Reminds me of a horror story from freshman year of college. My friends and I spotted a couple sitting outside one of the first nights in the dorms. They must have been there for hours, stuffing their tongues down each other’s throats (we couldn’t have people of the opposite gender in our rooms and they were kicked out of our common areas at midnight). The boy must not have shaved very well because the next morning the girl’s skin was raw, bright red, and may have possibly bled in a place or two.
Speaking of #5, Gillette has a new razor out, the Flexball men’s razor I picked up at Walmart, and its ideal for getting that clean, kissable shave. Ben’s always loved Gillette razors but the flexible head on this one makes it nearly impossible to cut yourself while getting the smoothest shave…and really, I just love anything that promotes kissing him 😉
Am I alone in my love for a clean shaven face?
No? Well, then think about picking up a new flexball (it was under $10)… it comes recommended 😉
Or if you’re looking for more clean shaven inspiration – Follow Krystal’s Kitsch’s board Smooth Faces of Summer on Pinterest.
Or if you have a horror story of kissing an unshaven boy, do tell 🙂