1. Almost everything on here is going to be happy. Some bloggers tout their “realness” and share the good along with the bad. Turns out, most of my life is good, and I’d prefer to remember, to capture, and to dwell on those good parts. When I do share a struggle I’m having, it’ll most likely be hindsight with a positive perspective. If you’re looking for a place to commiserate with other sad people, don’t read this blog.
2. I am unapologetically married, christian, and conservative – and I like to talk about it. This blog champions my views and my lifestyle. I won’t judge you for yours, but if you are looking for validation for liberal politics, promiscuous behavior, or godless living, don’t read this blog. And no, I certainly do NOT think that single, liberal, or atheists are all promisciuous or godless (except for atheists, clearly they are godless by definition – but not necessarily bad people). Some of my very best friends are all three, and they’re also some of the best people I know.
3. I am first a wife, a student, an employee, a friend, and then a blogger. When I feel like baking, you might get a great recipe. When I feel like being crafty (seldom) you may get a DIY – but mostly you’ll get my reflections on the good life. I hope this blog is a resource for some, but if you’re looking for that on the daily, don’t read this blog.
4. I wear what I’m comfortable in. I do not believe that fashion is pain, but if it is, I am certainly not fashionable. I often share my personal style on this blog but if you’re looking for a fashionista, don’t read this blog.
5. Sometimes I make grammar mistakes. I know how to write. In fact, last semester I wrote over 100 pages of quality papers. But, sometimes, this blog is simply an outlet and if you’re a grammar freak and can’t handle a mistake here and there, don’t read this blog.
6. I love. I love my life. I love my husband. I love my education, my family, and my friends. I am enthusiastic about things I love. If you don’t do love, or enthusiasm, or positivity, certainly, do not read this blog.
And so, you don’t have to read it. I don’t hack your computer so my posts come up first thing every morning. I don’t glue your eyes to the screen and force them to read every word. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. That being said, I LOVE so many of you who read this blog. I love our dialogue. I love our connections. I love the feeling that sometimes, in some little way, I make your day brighter. And I love when in so many ways you make mine. So thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for connecting. You certainly don’t have to be just like me to read this blog, but I am me, and I am not trying to be anyone else.
I hope you had a wonderful Vday and enjoy a fabulous weekend. We’re certainly planning on it 🙂