These days I have about five minutes to get dressed – maybe. In part because if baby boy is awake he doesn’t tolerate long bouts of playing on my bathroom floor and because if he’s sleeping there are about 49039 things that come before “make-up” on my list of priorities. But, like I talked about earlier this month, I notice a huge difference in my mood and productivity levels when I’ve taken those 300 seconds to get myself ready. I also notice a difference in the way people respond to me when I’m out and about (doctors appointments mostly).
300 second breakdown:
- 60 seconds to pull on a comfy pair of denim (maternity at this point) +a striped tee (80% of my maternity tees are striped…) + put on a watch
- 60 seconds to dutch braid my hair down my hairline (I just sat here and timed it – 57.52 – although most of the time when I get to my neck I just pull the hair into a messy bun)
- 120 seconds to put on a bit of bb cream, dust on a bit of powder, fill in my eyebrows, and add a bit of bronzer (if I’m skipping the glasses for the day I’ll also swipe on a bit of mascara, use a nude palette for 15 seconds of eye makeup, and use the same brown eyeliner I used for my eyebrows on my upper lid).
- 60 seconds to moisturize, line, and fill in my lips with a fun color (I love a good nude lip but in this 5 minute routine I’m generally wearing neutrals and so little makeup so I go for a bolder lip choice).
- I got a couple different shades of the 13 ounce Longlasting Lipstick and this is my favorite product of the few I tried. It is incredibly moisturizing (so much so that I can skip putting on chapstick first – a step I use with all my higher end lipsticks). I’m wearing “On the Catwalk” above but also loved this “Natural Beauty” for a pinker shade. Some days I’ll wear it with a lip foundation under it, just to make sure it lasts all day.
- The Sheer + Shine Lipstick (silver tube) also comes in great colors and is super moisturizing but I prefer the Longlasting Lipstick because it has more of a matte finish. The “I Feel Pretty” color I have here is great for dressier looks but not something I’ve been putting on in my 5 minutes 🙂
- I picked up a handful of lipliners in coordinating colors to the lipsticks because the liner makes such a difference in how my lipstick wears throughout the day. They aren’t my favorite, but you can’t beat the price point + how easy it is to match shades so I’ve still been using them.
- “How to Make NUDE Eyes” is a great nude eye palette. I particularly like how there isn’t too much sparkle/shimmer and you’re getting 6 great colors for day-to-day wear for under $10 (I’m wearing a little bit of the eye makeup in these pictures…but I only did spend a total of 30 seconds on my eye makeup 🙂
- I haven’t used the Liquid Lipstick much but I love the design + the tube. I also love the matte finish.