Remember those whole wheat chocolate chip muffins from last week? I loved them, made them a few times, but needed something with less chocolate, and more whole wheat. The result is these whole wheat muffins packed with oatmeal and good enough to eat on their own. If you add a little honey (or nutella) you have a sweet little snack.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 C cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What you’ll do:
- Mix the first six ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl (or stand mixer), beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Grease muffin pan and fill each cup till its 2/3 full. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm (makes about 12).
Other Ideas: This would be a great base mix to add in blueberries, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips. Add in some honey to the batter to make them a little bit more moist as well.
What’s your favorite muffin recipe?
Planning on making these? Pin them for later!
**7/15: This recipe has been updated to add a little more milk and oil which makes a slightly more moist muffin.